Who should attend this seminar?
- System Studies Consultants
- Electrical Power Systems Analysis Engineers
- Power System Modelling and Simulation Consultants
What will you learn?
- How to do power system studies.
- How to do more projects with greater quality and avoid common mistakes.
- How to create typical reports with EA-PSM Electric.
1st day (2022-05-17), 4 hours
Create your network single-line diagram with EA-PSM Electric
- Install EA-PSM Electric on your computer.
- Create a single-line diagram.
Power flows in electrical power systems with co-generation and renewable energy power plants
- Power quality standard requirements for grid voltage characteristics.
- Power grid state analysis after the connection of new load or power source.
- A system with an operating reserve state analysis after the unexpected disconnection of a feeder.
- Analysis of transformer operation under maximum loading conditions.
- Tap changing transformers.
- Overhead lines and cable sizing, to meet techno-economic requirements.
- Voltage drop calculation.
- Equipment sizing and assessment of their loading conditions.
2nd day (2022-05-19), 4 hours
Operation states of electric motors and higher harmonics analysis in electrical systems
- Influence of motor start-up currents on the electrical network stability.
- Reactive power compensation with electric motors and sizing of reactive power compensation devices.
- Electric motors operation with variable frequency drives (VFD).
- Assessment of voltage distortion level conducted by higher harmonics in the electrical network.
- Selection of VFD with lower and higher harmonics.
- Higher harmonics filtering.
- Resonant conditions for higher harmonics in networks with reactive power compensation capacitors.
3rd day (2022-05-24), 4 hours
Short circuits and equipment sizing
- Power grid parameters that are important for short circuit calculation.
- Short circuit current from the power grid.
- Short circuit current from the synchronous generator.
- Short circuit current from an induction motor.
- Short circuit current from renewable energy power plants.
- Asymmetrical short circuits.
- Phase-to-phase short circuits in 0.4kV power systems.
- Phase-to-neutral short circuits in systems with isolated neutral.
4th day (2022-05-26), 4 hours
0.4 kV – 35 kV networks protection coordination
- Low voltage fuses selection.
- Low voltage breakers selection and coordination.
- Coordination of fuses and breakers tripping curves.
- Characteristics of maximum short circuit current protection devices in medium voltage networks.
- Protection equipment against maximum short circuit currents settings calculation and sensitivity assessment.
- Protection equipment against phase-to-neutral short circuits settings calculation and coordination.
- During online training, participants will solve real cases with the software EA-PSM Electric.
- Every participant will get Consultancy on their projects and EA-PSM Electric license for 60 days.
- Small workgroups (up to eight individuals)